Maliana ~
Monday the temperatures were in the low 60's towards afternoon/evening and with us Ohioans, that means having a picnic dinner and playing outside all night! We were so ready to see the sunshine again, had a ball with the neighbor kids, and even did some gardening for Mom. (Awesome!) I love that it's this time of year again...we get to blow the stink of winter off and suck in the fresh air until the darkness chases us inside. It feels
amazing!!!
 |
| weeders for hire! will work for popsicles and hugs! |
 |
| my own little sweatshop gardening team |
 |
| love your style! |
 |
| speed trap |
 |
| new sheriff in town |
 |
| picnic! |
 |
so glad you're getting some kind of use out of your sparring gear! |
 |
so much going on here...no idea where to begin |
 |
| you all crack me up! |
All of that fun outside put you in a spectacular mood this week. One day in particular at daycare drop off, you said, "Daddy, I haven't given you a kiss today!" and then planted a huge hug and kiss on him before he left for work. You did the same to me that night, just before I got you ready for bed. Then when I picked you up later this week, you bestowed on me these little paper hearts with special messages for Daddy and me. A.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.
These little surprise gestures of love truly make our days, kid.
There were a few more nights this week that we hosted Brooklyn and Braycen from next door, inviting them over to play with you. It made you so happy and you all do so well together. I felt very grateful but also a little bittersweet since they have their house for sale now, hoping to move into the country soon. It will be sad to see them move away but we'll do all we can to keep in touch so you can continue to be in each other's lives as you grow up. These are some fun little kids and a really nice family.
 |
| first responders to the rescue! |
More surprises this week with Daddy having to adjust his schedule to a later time but making the most of it by getting to take you for an impromptu breakfast at Gena's. You guys love that place and even your teachers were jealous that you got to go!
 |
| Gena's with Daddy! |
That same night, you and I took the dogs for a walk in the dark after it rained. It was actually pretty cool because we had a blast searching for the earthworms that had made their way onto the sidewalk that evening. In all my 38 years, I never realized how quickly those worms suck themselves back into the grass when a flashlight hits them. We had so much fun screeching every time we'd spot a new one...all the way around the block.
 |
a 'good morning!' picture we sent to Allie the next morning...so silly |
Friday morning you did fantastic at speech. I get so excited when I watch you really focusing and making progress. I have to admit though...I will miss when you finally stop mispronouncing certain words. My two current favorites are saying "hosipal" for hospital and "catipal" for capital. So cute.
 |
on the way to school with coffee and donuts...
(your first taste of cappuccino!)
good luck and Godspeed, teachers! |
Saturday you got to spend some much needed time with your Lao Lao. It started with lunch and ended with a trip to Toys R Us...*cough*
sucker!! *cough*...ha ha ha! You had a great time (as always) together!
 |
hiding from the camera on your way out with Lao Lao ~ lil stinker! |
While you were out, Aunt Tina and I did our first doggy transport. A little pug/terrier mix was going from NJ to MN to meet his new mommy and Tina and I helped take one of the 19 legs of his journey home. It was really fun and made us feel good to be part of the team of humans to help this little puppy out. Tina and I even wore our matching doggy rescue jackets that we bought from a fundraising website to help homeless animals. At the pick up and drop off locations, we leaped out of our car and promptly asked the other transporters where their matching jackets were. Ha. Completely threw them off and it made Tina and I laugh hysterically. Clearly, we probably had the most fun of any of the teams on this transport, but that's what life is all about, right?
 |
| Aunt Tina was so excited! |
 |
| kisses from Mickey! |
 |
| mission accomplished! |
I came home later and you and Daddy were hosting a bunch of people from Daddy's work on the deck for a bonfire. In spite of it being freezing cold, you hung in there with the "big dogs" until the wee hours. I think I even heard a "Let It Go" sing-a-long at one point. Gee, I wonder whose idea that was?
Sunday was a gorgeous day. Finally got the sun and warmth that we've longed for all winter. Your buddy, Landen came over (with his daddy who is going to help us with our deck) and you played for a while together. Unfortunately, you also had an epic meltdown, (and when I say
epic, I
mean epic), so I had to take you in our bedroom to attempt to calm you down. You were so tired and had reached your limit, evidently. Luckily, after quite a while, we worked it all out and once you were back to your normal self, the daddies took you both out to lunch, all dressed in your Spiderman and Venom costumes = awesome. (Psst, hey Dads ~ your totally doing it right!)
 |
| playing chase |
 |
| dynamic duo!! |
 |
| milkshakes at Red Robin! |
 |
| muscles!! |
And...we definitely don't want to forget this from Sunday morning (so stinking cute!). Many...ok,
every night is very crowded in our bed with 3 people, 2 dogs, and 1 cat...however waking up to this in the morning makes every cramped night where I don't get any sleep and wake up with a kinked neck totally worth it!
 |
| Suzy is SO your dog! |
Have a great week, Mali Moo!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment