Mali ~
Ayiyiyi! So, this blog post will be a little different. A little abbreviated. See, I had a huge post written with all of your pictures. It looked fantastic. And then...the whole thing got erased. Waaahhh! I feel like crying. However, I won't. I'll just try to re-piece it as best as I can. Here goes!
As I mentioned before, Easter fell on April 1st and so we celebrated our usual way with an Easter egg hunt at home and then lunch at Uncle Pat and Aunt Connie's. I didn't get many pictures other than of Bun Bun cleaning up the leftovers from what we left for the Easter Bunny and then one of you and Sammy with your baskets from Connie.
I wasn't exactly on top of things for Easter this year and we completely forgot to color eggs. Oops. However, the up side of that is being able to buy egg coloring kits at half price and then color them the day after Easter. Still just as much fun.
As (I think) I also mentioned before, we held off on having your birthday party until April. It gave us just enough extra time to plan for hosting your first sleepover party with friends. I had no idea how it would all go with so many different personalities under one roof for an extended period of time, but you all did wonderfully together! Minimal drama, all considering.
 |
| Suzy was thrilled with her unicorn hat |
 |
| one of your best buds, Jalysa |
 |
| pizza time |
 |
| Jalysa again with a messy cupcake face |
 |
| Daddy and I trying to be cool |
 |
| group photo with the photo booth props |
 |
L to R/front row to back row -
Jocelyn, Lily, Jalysa, Sam, Carter...
you, Jude, Lyla, Ana, Dylan, and Addi |
 |
| Addi wanted a picture with just you |
 |
| typical sleepover chat around the snacks |
 |
here I thought the photo booth was going to be a hit
but you kids had more fun with your new label maker |
 |
ice cream sundaes at midnight...because we can
(can you see how utterly exhausted you are?) |
 |
| believe it or not, there are 9 kids in this pile |
 |
picture of the card that Jocelyn wrote for you...
such a sweet message |
April weather finally started to warm up and feel more spring-like so of course we headed down to the creek. I started with just you, Ana, and Suzy...but as usual...our adventures are a kid magnet.
 |
| I love you in your new beanie from Lao Lao |
 |
| making creations out of your Sculpt-y clay with Dad |
While April brought many fun activities, it also brought some heartbreak. Lao Lao's mom, your great grandma Morgenstern had passed away in December and this month was the month that the family finally had her memorial. They were hoping that the weather would make it nice enough to enjoy nature while we celebrated her life. Lao Lao planned the entire thing and chose a park with a beautiful setting and shelter house to hold us all. Family arrived from as far away as Wyoming. It was a beautiful gathering and something Grandma would have enjoyed. Lao Lao should be proud of how lovely it all turned out.
 |
| they had these giant, beautiful sycamores around the park |
You were particularly excited to see 3 of your cousins from Pennsylvania. Asia, Talya, and Amariah were all adopted from China too, just like you. It's a special bond and it made me feel good to see you hitting it off with them so well, especially Amariah.
 |
| you and Amariah sitting on that awesome tree branch |
 |
| I mean, seriously, look how amazing that tree is ~ whoa, right?! |
 |
| Lao Lao with her namesake, Aunt Carol |
 |
| cousins...Asia, Talya, and Amariah |
 |
| a little downtime snuggles w GG and Suzy |
 |
| look how funny Abby is sitting |
On Earth day, we headed out to have dinner and cake at Uncle Kevin and Aunt Beth's house to celebrate Joey's birthday. #15! The only picture I got that night was this one below...the rest was a blur of you running around with your cousins. In fact, you were so sad to leave that night that you sobbed hysterically halfway home. Poor kiddo. You love your cousins dearly.
 |
| more R and R with Suzy |
 |
silly time with Daddy...yes, those are your
socks on his ears, ha! |
The good weather meant more outdoor time and dusting off the bikes to go for a ride one night after work. I actually ran along behind while you, Ana, and Evie made sure I kept a good pace trying to keep up with you. It's so nice to have a beautiful nature trail so close to our house.
 |
| fashion statement? |
 |
| silly SnapChat selfie |
And below are some of our usual shenanigans as shared on social media.
One of your Instagram pictures that you shared of me role-playing as P!nk for you and Ana in one of your crazy imaginary games.
And finally, ending on a note that couldn't be truer. You are our shining star, M. Truly.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment