Saturday, October 31, 2015

Birthdays for the Grown Ups

Maliana ~

So...since Daddy and my birthdays are so close together every year, I will combine a post solely dedicated to our special days. As for me, I was turning the big 4-0 this year and so you and Daddy made me an extra special breakfast in bed with pancakes, coffee and beautiful cards to wake up to, even singing me "Happy Birthday" as soon as I woke up. You were so thrilled to surprise me with the card you worked so hard on and I loved it so much!
For Daddy's birthday nine days later, we took him on a fun surprise adventure to The Wilds. The Wilds is about an hour and a half away from our house and is the largest conservation park in North America, a sister facility to our beloved Columbus Zoo and Jack Hanna. It was a gorgeous day and the animals were a lot of fun to see up close, but my favorite part was our family time spent together. Nothing beats that. Nothing.
our silly kid
picture taken from our picnic table where we
sat to eat lunch...it was beautiful out there!
this one is a little blurry because you were
excitedly telling me about what we might see
as we waited for the open air tour bus to start
you loved snapping pictures with my phone from the bus

not so sure about feeding the birds
getting the hang of it now and the birds loved the
peanut butter and seeds on a stick
silly Daddy
rhinos
bison
I thought this sign was funny
sleepy kid with Tiny Rhiny the rhinoceros on the way home
One more year down...two more birthdays well spent. I love you and Daddy dearly and look forward to many more birthdays spent together with you both.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment