Maliana ~
So, this will be a super quick entry. Or, well, knowing me, it will just be a normal entry that I am
trying to pare down but am just too wordy anyway. Ha ha. Anyway, I'm trying to wrap this all up before we head off on a super fun trip to...*drumroll please*...New York City!!! You, Lao Lao and I will head out this coming Thursday, but before then I will fill you in on the recent shenanigans at the old homestead.
Last Monday, we started the week off with a fun trip to Lowes to pick up some flowers for spring and of course, race around on the garden center carts! So. Much. Fun.
And click below for a video of you racing on the garden center carts...listen to those giggles!!
Racing Garden Carts!
We planted the flowers the next day and you donned a very interesting choice of outfits for gardening. Here...see for yourself!
 |
| cowboy boots and your bathrobe! |
 |
Ha ha! I couldn't resist. You vs Cousin Eddy (from Christmas Vacation) ~ who wore it better? |
Later on in the week, we went to one of your final Skate Zone parties of the school year. After going to several of these throughout the year, you finally decided to branch off and hang out with your friends! A mini milestone for sure. It is so fun to watch you growing up and stepping out into the world. Albeit, baby steps. But still! So awesome.
 |
| you and your friend, Lily from Miss Stenger's class |
 |
| you, Lily and Blake |
Last weekend we went to your second soccer practice/game of the season. Daddy signed up to help coach and you were surprised at your first water break. You asked, "Why is Daddy out there?" to which I replied, "Because he's helping coach. Is that ok?"...then, as you ran away excitedly, you yelled back over your shoulder, "Yeah! I'm happy!" Daddy is a great fit and it's going to be so fun to watch the two of you with your team. Memaw Wilkinson even came to watch you too so I'm sure she felt like it was old times, watching Daddy on the soccer field like she used to so many years ago.
 |
| #8, playing close attention to her new coach |
 |
| coach and his kiddo |
And of course, how did you repay Daddy for helping coach your soccer team? Why, stealing his spot in bed with your best bud, Suzy. Ha ha.
 |
| Suzy loves to snuggle |
Ahhh, I'm just joking. You actually repaid Daddy by helping him with the retaining wall. So cute marching around in your shorts and little work boots.
 |
| hard at work together |
And finally, before we head off to the Big Apple...I have to share your 7 year pictures that I just picked up from Target. I think they turned out great! You love these new dinosaur shoes that you specially picked out for these pictures and couldn't wait to show them off. It reminds me of how much I used to fret and worry about what outfit you would wear and/or how I would do your hair for pictures...but since I've learned to just let you be yourself, your smile is so much bigger and brighter. And isn't that what it's all about, anyway? Your happiness and your big, beautiful smile! Two of the most priceless things in the world to me.
 |
you were so excited to do one where you popped your collar (lookin' pretty fly, dude!) |
Whew...I cannot believe you are 7 already. Where has the time gone??
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment