Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankfulness and Thanksgiving

Maliana ~

Monday began with a much needed Daddy/Mali date to Easton where you both had tea at Teavana, frozen yogurt at Yagoot, played at the Lego store, bought another hat for your collection and designer cookies for Abby, then went window shopping at one of the "skater" stores where Daddy realized just how completely into high top sneakers you are. You had your Converse sneakers on when you walked in and the clerks all commented on them, making you strut all that much more. Daddy said you were hysterical to watch. Then when you got home, you couldn't wait to show me your new break dance moves and declared your evening as "Awesome!"
Mater!
I also had to laugh when you got home after I informed you that I was pretty pooped and going to bed very early, to which you replied, "Mom, when I come to bed and you're asleep, you need to wake up and tickle my back!" Well...yes ma'am! Looks like I may have created a monster. Ha. But I'm glad it's something that you look forward to each night.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. We celebrated with the Wilkinsons and as usual, you had a great time with your cousins. It's amazing how well the four of you click when you get together. I also got to sit and have a heart to heart with Memaw, something I haven't been able to do in a while, which was much needed for me. Lots to be thankful for this year. Lots to be thankful for, even in our darkest moments.
Pilgrim hat cookies that you and I made
and brought to dinner

raking and jumping in leaves on
Thanksgiving morning

 
wait Daddy! there's something else
in the leaves you're going
to throw over the hill

Daddy, Uncle Kevin, cousin Brian, Papaw, and Uncle Pat

crazy cousins

silly pile up

Memaw and Papaw with
their girls

Bosco, Uncle Pat, cousins Brian, Kelly,
and Tim, and Aunt Connie

the whole gang ~ Happy Thanksgiving!
On Friday, Lao Lao, you, Abby, and I piled into the car and headed first to Sonic for some drive-up dinner, then to Alum Creek's Festival of Lights (drive-thru Christmas lights) for the evening. In spite of Abby puking in the back of the car, twice, we had a really fun time! We saw over a million lights set up in all different displays and had a blast looking at all of the silly designs. You were hysterical whenever you would spot something that amused you.
stealing Lao Lao's caramel shake and
nearly drinking it all!

the lights were huge and there were several lit up tunnels
that everyone had to drive through...very cool
Saturday mornings are great...you and I get to wake up slowly while Daddy is at the gym and just lounge in bed, goofing around together. Once we got up and had breakfast, it was time for tang soo do and this week I noticed that we no longer need to roll your pants legs up anymore. Your legs are really growing fast! My little girl is getting bigger (*sniff *tear)!

Inspired by the Festival of Lights the night before...we decided to decorate our own house on Saturday. As we pulled more of the Christmas lights out of the attic and Daddy handed them down to us, you squealed like it was Christmas morning = AWESOME. Love your excitement!!

We got the outside of the house decorated, but decided to put up the inside decorations on another night when we weren't so tired. I think the outside turned out pretty darn good though, and you were happy to see our gigantic Mickey again...much to our neighbor's chagrin I'm sure. Ha.
We did let you decorate your very own very mini tree which you loved. Pulling the ornaments out of the box after an entire year is always a fun walk down memory lane.


wow! I hope there's still enough
ornaments left for the big tree!

I had my usual daily giggle that day  too...this time it's because you have been into having "birthday surprises" for Daddy this weekend. Basically, putting a few pieces of cake with candles from your play kitchen together and then enlisting me to surprise him with you in a duet of "Happy Birthday". You have taken to also making him a particular (imaginary) concoction to drink which you call, "coca mocha"...later we came to find out it is your version of my favorite drink from Tim Horton's (cafe mocha). I love when kids come up with their own names for things. Too funny.

Sunday we woke up slowly again, then came out to the kitchen where Daddy had cooked us breakfast! Love waking up to the smell of bacon! Later, Daddy took you to Wai Gong's to visit while I did a little Christmas shopping and attended a planning meeting for the COFCC Holiday party with some other Fu Group mommies. Delaney's mom, Suzanne, and myself are dressing up like elves so that we can help Santa with all of the kids who want to meet him during the party. At the meeting we tried on our costumes and all I can say is that it should be a hoot! While I was out running errands after our meeting, Daddy texted me this picture...looks like you were having fun at Wai Gong's and I am pretty sure this picture was taken while on the trampoline judging by the angle and the static electricity in your hair.
Here are some more pictures from your visit with Wai Gong and Co.
coloring with Memaw Lisa

evidently you are a natural when it comes
to air hockey, really kept Daddy and
Wai Gong on their toes

typical Wai Gong...teasing you
mercilessly
You were in a great mood when you got home, and pretty difficult to get to bed, pulling out all the stall tactics of a seasoned veteran. We finally did get you to bed and it gave me a moment to myself to assist "Santa" in last minute Christmas shopping on-line, as well as reminisce about some of the stuff you said this week. The one thing that sticks out came Saturday when you informed us that when you grow up, you want to play football (this after watching Daddy's beloved ND whoop some USC butt and go on to have a shot at becoming BCS champions!) Anyway, if that is what you want to do when you get a bit bigger, then it looks like I'll have to dig up this highlight reel to show you. Twenty years ago, you probably wouldn't have seen anything like this, but more and more the world is catching on to what has been true since time began...girls can do anything they put their minds to!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment